Thanks To Everyone That Helped!
81 Brent held its second educational install with the community and Land Escapes. With the help of over 40 people we were able to install a rainwater harvesting system that will collect 100% of the runoff water from the roof and will be used for the sustainable landscape.
[slickr-flickr tag=”rainwater” type=”slideshow”]In installing this system we:
- Reduce water usage and waste which will reflect on our bill
- Provide our sustainable plants with rainwater that is full of natural nutrients
WHY RAINWATER HARVESTING?
The earth is known as the Blue Planet for a reason, it’s no surprise that water is a dominant part of our everyday lives. The worlds current challenge is to improve the planet’s water quality and then maintain clean and healthy water that supports all life forms in our diverse environment.
RAINWATER COLLECTION SYSTEMS MAKES DOLLARS AND “SENSE”
- Reduce water bills including city storm sewer charges
BETTER FOR YOUR LANDSCAPE THAN MUNICIPALLY TREATED WATER
- Rainwater is extremely rich in nutrients
- Using rainwater to irrigate will reduce fertilizer use
- No chemicals have been added to rainwater